Would you like to study in Australia? International students who wish to study in Australia for a longer period of time (more than 12 weeks) must get an Australian Student Visa processing time after medical. You must apply for a certain subclass of visa based on your age, type of program, and length of stay among the numerous subclasses. In the vast majority of situations, international students pursuing higher education in Australia apply for scholarships.

Your medical exam findings take roughly four weeks to process if you’re applying as a temporary resident (visitor, student, or worker). After that, we’ll provide you instructions on what to do next.

After we receive your results from the panel physician, it takes roughly three months to process your application as a permanent resident. If they don’t require any additional documentation from you, they’ll inform you what to do next.

When applying to an Australian university and obtaining a student visa processing time after medical, there are a few things to keep in mind:

  1. ImmiAccount allows you to submit applications online.
  2. For subclass 500, the application fee is roughly 620 AUD.
  3. The amount of money needed as proof for a single student is AUD 62,222.

COVID-19 Updates: A small number of continuing overseas students were offered the opportunity to return to Australia as part of a pilot program. However, due to a rise of instances in Australia, the program has been postponed. According to the most recent information, Indian students are presently not permitted to return to or enter Australia under the Pilot Program 2020.

Student Visa Processing in Australia (Subclass 500)

In July 2016, the student subclass 500 visa became operational. It covers the entire period of your study program and allows you to stay in Australia for up to five years, beginning on the day of your registration. The base application fee for an Australian visa is 620 Australian dollars (33,272 Indian rupees). The ability to bring a family member to Australia, participate in a qualifying course of study, and apply for the program of choice online in or outside of Australia are just a few of the benefits of acquiring this student visa.

International students must meet the following requirements in order to get a subclass 500 student visa:

  • In Australia, enrolled in a full-time on-campus program.
  • Have an OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) or qualify for one of the exemptions.
  • Must be at least 6 years old.
  • If you are under the age of 18, show documentation of a welfare agreement.

Eligibility for a Student Visa Processing in Australia

As an overseas student wishing to study in Australia, you must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to receive a student visa:

Enroll in a program of study and provide proof

Evidence of enrollment, which can be found in one of the following formats, is required for your Australian student visa application:

  • Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) is a service provided to students who have been accepted into full-time courses on CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students).
  • Packaged courses and CoEs: If you’re applying for more than one course, you’ll need to provide all of the CoE codes in your visa application, or your student visa will only cover the duration of the given CoE.

You may apply for two or more courses, each of which leads to the next. The time between the start of the two courses should be no longer than two months. When the first course closes at the end of the academic year and the second course begins at the start of the next academic year, there is an exemption to the gap time.

  • Letter of Support: You can use your letter of support as proof of enrollment if you are admitted to a full-time study or training program sponsored by the Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade scholarship programmes.
  • Similarly, you can apply for a student visa with your letter of support if you are financed by the Australian Department of Defence.
  • Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Students (AASES): Students planning an exchange degree from Australia can submit this with their application. 
  • Letter from Educator: PG students who need to stay in Australia while their thesis is being graded must produce a letter from their professor confirming this.