This stream is only available to current or former Temporary Graduate visa holders who lost time in Australia as a result of COVID-19 travel restrictions.
The Migration Amendment Regulations 2022
It creates a new replacement stream that provides former International Students an opportunity to extend their stay, who were unable to stay in the country or lost time on their Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) visa due to international travel restrictions that came into force from 1 Feb 2020 to 14 Dec 2021.
To apply for this visa you must either:
- hold a Temporary Graduate visa as the main holder; or
- have held a Temporary Graduate visa as the main holder and currently hold another substantive visa, or a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B.
You will be eligible to apply if, as the main holder:
- you have held a Graduate Work stream or first Post Study Work stream Temporary Graduate visa that was:
- granted before 15 December 2021 and
- in effect on or after 1 February 2020
- have lost time on your visa because of Australia’s COVID-19 travel restrictions.
- have not had your Temporary Graduate visa, or any visa granted after you held your Temporary Graduate visa, cancelled.
Post Study Work applicants with a select degree may be eligible for an extended 2 years on their visa:
- Two years to four years for select Bachelor degrees
- Three years to five years for select Masters degrees
- Four years to six years for PhDs
You must make an application before 1 January 2027. The visa costs AUD1,895.00 for the primary visa applicant.
For a detailed discussion call us at +61 415 882 542.